Thursday, October 15, 2015

Grandma X 9

My ninth grandchild is making his way into this world as I type these words and his imminent appearance has got me thinking about things like life, family and grandparenting.

Life is such a miracle!  As each of my own children and now my grandchildren have made their way to this earth I can't help but marvel at the miracle of the human body and soul.  This little boy who is struggling to push his way out into this marvelous world has been loved since the moment we all knew he was in his mommy's tummy.  We have been speculating as to what he would look like and what fun personality he will contribute to our ever expanding family.  He is real to us and has been since we knew he was coming.  There are so many things that babies learn inside the womb that I had no idea about until we were blessed with sweet baby Rylie who came way too early to learn lots of those things and is now trying to learn them on the outside which, apparently is much harder and takes much longer than doing it the natural way.  The natural way is perfect and not an accident or a haphazard jumble of events.  God made spirits and bodies and they are perfect and wonderful and miraculous.  I can't wait to meet my next best buddy:)

As we all gather around our phones awaiting the news of our new arrival I also marvel at the miracle of family.  I love the people who share my last name so much that I know I didn't just know them in this life.  I'm sure I knew and loved them before because our bond is so strong and so sweet that it must be celestial.  I have no idea how it works but I'm sure that the Moore family was destined to be made up of the 22 people that currently make up who we are.  Family is forever and in our case, Forever Moore.

Lastly, I'd like to touch on the miracle of "Grandparenthood".  This is such a different love from the love of a parent to a child.  There is definitely a sense of knowing each other before this life.  None of my grandchildren live close to me and it always amazes me that no matter how much time passes between their visits the bond between those babies and me is instant.  Even when they are too little to know or remember who I am, they come right to me and aren't afraid at all.  When they should be clinging to their moms because a "stranger" is slobbering all over them, they come right to me and snuggle me.  They KNOW how much I love them.  They can sense it and they feel the bond of family, I'm sure of it.  To me, there is nothing stronger than the bond of family and I love mine with everything in me.  I thank the Lord daily for giving me these people to spend the rest of eternity with.

No comments:

Post a Comment