Saturday, October 31, 2015

Girls vs. Boys

I'm pretty sure that most of you know that I have 6 boys and 1 girl, in that order.  I loved being a boy mom.  I never wanted a girl.  Boys have nearly 0 drama and get over things instantly.  They are fun and crazy and I never worried about offending them because they just had so much confidence and didn't take anything personally the way that girls do.  Then we had our girl and I worried a little that things were going to be much harder.  I kept waiting for them to get harder and they never did.  I don't know if it was because she lived with wolves, I mean boys, her whole life or if she was just born that way but she has been the most boy-like girl without being the least bit masculine that I have ever seen.  She has all the easy going qualities of the boys while not sacrificing any of the softness and sweetness of a girl.  Now that we are all adults I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am for her.  I realize that the wonderful things about the boys are really not so wonderful now that we are adults and I really want to talk to them and be a part of their lives.  Boys don't do small talk.  They don't care about stuff that I care about.  They have somebody else to talk to now.  I cherish going through college with Vannie.  She is hilarious.  She texts me and calls me about the littlest things and I love it!  Every word a boy says to her or even a look or any little detail is never too unimportant for her to share with me.  I share these with my husband and (except when a boy is involved) he just looks at me like, who cares?  Girls and boys are so different and it makes life wonderful.  What would we do without either one?

No comments:

Post a Comment