Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fun little DIY part 1

I think we are born with a large part of our personalities.  I was born cheap.  I have a terrible time spending money and especially on anything the least bit expensive.  Luckily, my husband values nice things a little more so we don't actually live in a cardboard box but I am always trying to cut corners and spend as little as possible.  I hate ceiling fans because they are not pretty.  We don't have air conditioning in our house so we desperately need ceiling fans but they are still ugly and do not, in any way, go with my decor.  So... I devised a cheap (very cheap) way to make them look a little more Victorian or antiquey .  I wanted them to look like an old Victorian chandelier so I took some scrap fabric I had laying around and wrapped it around the top and bottom of the fan base.  I hot glued the fabric in place and pinned it together.  Then I took some ribbon and tied it in the middle.  After adding some fringe and little stones that cost nearly nothing (all hot glued) I had a little less offensive ceiling fan that I could live with.  Voile'!

No comments:

Post a Comment