Monday, October 12, 2015

Funny Blessings

Since officially becoming an empty-nester in August I have been praying for opportunities to serve and make good use of my time.  I have no desire to get a full-time job because I travel to see my kids too much and I don't like having a super rigid schedule every day but I find myself having a ton of spare time and wanted something worthwhile to fill it.  So.... the Lord, in all his wisdom, called me to be the Young Women President in my ward.  This is possibly the busiest calling a woman can have in a ward and I've already done it before, in this ward.  Nobody in their right mind would actually want this calling because it is so time consuming.  And yet, I am thanking the Lord every single day for knowing me and for letting me serve in this capacity at this time in my life.  The women I picked to serve with me were the same girls I taught 15 years ago when I had this calling before.  I am, by far, the oldest person in the program except for my Laurel Advisor who is just a few years younger than me.  Every other leader could be my daughter and I am LOVING serving with them.  They are so energetic and creative and just downright good!  I also LOVE the girls that we are serving.  They are extremely diverse and cute and fun and I look forward to being with them all the time!  Most people would think I was crazy for being so grateful for such a hard calling but this is exactly what I need in my life right now and I know God knows that.  He works in mysterious ways and I'm so thankful that He does.  Bring on TOV YW Pres. 2.0!  I'm ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment