Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Brute Squad

Anybody who knows my boys knows that they are the sweetest, kindest boys in the world and would never hurt a fly, except for when that fly's name is mentioned in the same sentence as their sister.  I have gotten the greatest kick out of watching Savannah enter the world of dating and boys and watching her brothers' reactions to this new phase.  We have a running family text going all the time and if I accidentally mention a boy's name in connection with Savannah then the phones light up!  The comments make me laugh out loud. They start making battle plans involving weapons and mayhem.  They mercilessly ridicule this poor soul that they have never laid eyes on.   I pity the boy who actually wants my daughter's hand in marriage.  He better be made of pretty stern stuff.  In their eyes he has to be able to beat them in something sports related or at least keep up with them, be the perfect gentleman and priesthood holder, get all their humor and, above all, worship their sister.  Fortunately, this is what Savannah is looking for also.  Good luck, gentlemen:)

No comments:

Post a Comment