Wednesday, November 11, 2015

America

I was raised by very good parents to love, honor, respect and revere my country.  Today is Veteran's Day.  I just finished the latest installment of Rush Limbaugh's children's book series about early America.  Even though it is geared towards children it is a wonderfully simple way to learn about the birth of our great country.  Reading about the writing of the Star Spangled Banner had me in tears.  Tonight my young women's group is going over to a retirement community to talk to real life veterans and hear their stories and give them thank you notes, flags and treats.  I can't wait!  I get weepy every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner.  I have no idea what I did in the pre-existence to deserve being born into this incredible country but I will be thankful every day of my life for such a blessing.  God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment