Monday, November 23, 2015

Contention is of the Devil

I have an inordinately strong aversion to contention.  Of any kind.  Even if I'm not even involved.  It's a physical problem.  I can't stand it if I know people are mad at each other and I have a physical meltdown if I think someone is unhappy with me.  I can't listen to or watch one minute of political debates because they are almost completely made up of people being mean to each other or even just disagreeing with each other.  My stomach starts to ache and I get shaky and weak and I have to leave the room.  I couldn't stand having my children argue or fight with each other and stopped it as soon as it started.  As adults, if I hear them strongly disagreeing with each other, I have to leave the room.  I really can't believe that the Lord sent such a wimp down to this hard world.  I'm pretty sure that's why I don't actively cultivate friends and why I prefer much smaller groups or no one at all.  I'm simply scared of offending someone or seeing them get offended at each other in front of me.  See?  Wimp. I'm sure I've only made it this far because I hang out with people who have been taught and believe that contention is of the Devil and they are trying to be Christ-like in their treatment of others so there are less frequent episodes of contention taking place and much quicker repentance and amends being made.  Everybody just needs to love and appreciate everybody else.  Please!  World Peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment