Tuesday, November 17, 2015

I Love You

There has been quite a bit written about people's individual love languages or how they show and receive love.  There are those who like to do things for people and have things done for them.  Some like to give gifts and be given gifts in return.  Others like to give and receive praise for their actions.  Then there are those who like to say and hear "I love you".  It is my opinion that even though you might be dominant in one or the other categories there is no more direct way to express love than to just say it.  I think that everyone appreciates a heartfelt "I love you" once in awhile.  The very best, in my opinion, are the times when a very young child says it to you.  You know that there is no ulterior motive and that they really feel it in their hearts because they are too young to have any deceit involved.  It melts my heart when my grandchildren tell me that they love me.  It's pretty cool when my kids say it too because we aren't around each other very much anymore so when they say it, it feels really real, especially the "out of nowhere", spontaneous ones.  I told myself a long time ago that if I was ever feeling an abundance of love for someone at a certain time, enough for it to be a conscious thought, then I would come right out and say it to them.  I love my family so much that they hear it, spontaneously, from me a lot and even if it's not their primary love language they are pretty good at convincing me that they love me too when they say it back.  You can never go wrong or give the wrong message when you just come out and say those wonderful words so I highly recommend that they become a large part of your vocabulary.  The End.

1 comment: