Monday, November 16, 2015

Traditional works for me

I love reading about celebrities.  I'll admit that I am very starstruck by people who have done anything to make millions of other people know who they are.  I've had a secret desire (as I'm betting most of the world has) to be famous  for something.  I'm way too shy and private to actually want this to be a reality and I would be miserable being in the public eye but I still find it fascinating to read about people who are.  Lately there has been a pile of marriages that have ended because the husband strayed with the nanny.  Not being rich, famous and in a demanding career I can't really relate to a need for a nanny so I hesitate to judge these people for hiring someone else to raise their children but when I read about them I feel very thankful for the good old traditional way of life that I have chosen for myself.  I wouldn't trade places with them for all the fame and fortune in the world.  I honestly feel that I am the richer of the two.  I have a faithful, loving husband and seven children that we adore along with their wives and children.  I was home with them every step of the way.  I was present for everything that happened to them and every phase they went through.  Some may find that tedious and boring but I relished nearly every minute and I have the terrific memories to prove it. I'm perfectly fine with being the stereotypical fifties wife and mother.  I'm perfectly fine with having one faithful husband for my whole life and for the life to come and for having no drama worth writing about with my children.  We love our "boring" lives.  I'll take joy, security and sweet peaceful love over fame and fortune any day but I have to be thankful for these people and their crazy lives because if they all became like me then who would I read about in my magazines? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment