Friday, November 6, 2015

Faith

Recently my church came out with some adjustments and clarification to our handbook of instructions for church leaders in response to some new legal arrangements in our country.  I admit that when I first heard it I was confused and didn't completely understand why it had to happen.  Luckily, my faith, the thing that I am most thankful for in the world did not waver in the least.  There are so many things that I don't fully understand about the plan of salvation and the deeper meanings of things pertaining to the gospel.  But, luckily, I don't need to.  Nothing that happens from here on out could ever shake my faith that Joseph Smith actually saw God and Jesus Christ in that grove and that through him, the Lord's church was restored here on the earth.  Modern day prophets are called of God and they tell us what He needs us to know, just like the prophets in ancient times relayed His message to the people of that time. I believe that with everything in me.  The sad things that are happening in our world today are brought on by our choices, not by God.  He loves us more than anything in the world and wants only to bless us and see us happy so I have to believe that everything He instructs His prophet to do is in the best interests of his beloved sons and daughters here on earth.  It doesn't matter at all if I don't fully understand the instructions because I fully understand the love of God for his children and that is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment