Thursday, November 19, 2015

Observation

On my walk today I was thinking about my week and what I have planned and I remembered that we are going to a wedding reception this weekend.  Luckily, I didn't have to worry about what I was going to give the happy couple as I have been giving the same thing to everyone for several years.  Having 6 married children and listening to them talk about their weddings I found that they all wanted just one thing for their weddings, money.  They had gotten all kinds of useful stuff at the bridal showers and they discovered that registering was basically a joke as all the husbands just shot the gun at everything in site.  They all got multiple things that they had to take back because either they got more than one of them or they didn't really want them in the first place, they just had to put something on their registry.  They all said that they wanted more cash for their honeymoons and that they enjoyed picking out stuff together after they had settled into their places.  So, I give money to every newly wed couple and know that they will use it however they want and be grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment