Friday, June 12, 2009

Ava Lynn Moore

I am so giddy and excited I can hardly type. I am finally a grandma. Sigh! I have been waiting so long. My oldest is 27 which in Mormon years is about 6,482. When I was 27 I had 4 kids! I can't begin to tell you what it feels like to know that my child now gets to know the joy of having a child. I haven't even seen her yet and I love her beyond all reason. I chatted with her this morning over the phone and we are the best of buds already. She was a little quiet but I'm sure that will change soon. Luckily, Grandma Terri and Auntie Ashley were there at the hospital so I got pictures and frequent updates of the whole production. Thank you! It felt almost like I was there. She is adorable. Of course she is as bald as a cue ball. That's how we roll in our families. Grandpa Pat and I were blubbering idiots all morning. We just couldn't believe the whole miracle of birth was happening to one of our beloved children. She was born by Cesarean Section at 9:07 a.m. on Friday, June 12, 2009 in American Fork, UT. She was 8 pounds and 12 ounces (a lightweight in my bunch) and 19 inches long. We have the same middle name so we already have an irrevocable bond :) I can't believe she is going to be in our family forever. I am so happy.

1 comment: