Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Best Friend

Well, today is my best friend's birthday. What am I saying? My ONLY friend. I am kind of a loner and don't really like to get close to people so when I make a friend it's usually for life (and in this case, beyond). Rita Schroeder has been my best friend for almost 18 years. We have raised our kids together (and our husbands), tried to get our kids to marry each other (so far, not too successful in that area as they see it as rather incestuous), taken road trips to Utah for Education Week and talked nonstop the whole way there and back multiple times, taken each other out for birthday lunches, spent every major holiday together and laughed and cried to each other over and over and over again. There is nothing quite like a best friend. She is everything to you that your male husband can't be. She's like a sister but without the yucky part. She's someone you can count on to be excited for you if you lose weight, get a grandchild, send a child on a mission etc. etc. I want to tell Rita that I love her and that she is my second favoritest girl in the whole wide world (after Savannah). Happy Birthday, Rita Maskeeta! BFF's forever!

4 comments:

  1. Dyanna, this was so sweet! Thanks for posting this for my mom. I love it. And I love you two goofballs. Does my mom even know about this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she's kind of nice too. :)

    Thanks for posting, but please don't tell anyone that I read Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a loner! i will be your friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete