Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Princess


Finally I get to the daughter that I never wanted but can't imagine living without. Savannah Moore (notice no "Miles", only the boys) is the greatest surprise and pleasure of my life. After 14 straight years of nothing but boys I considered myself an expert and decided I definitely didn't need to muddy the waters by having a super-sensitive, temperamental, whiny, screaming girl. The Lord thought differently, except that when he gave me this girl he forgot a few things, like super-sensitive, temperamental, whiney and screaming. Everything I was afraid of or disliked about girls was conveniently left out of my girl. Some might say it's because she was raised with so many boys. Maybe. Some might say it's because her mom is definitely not a girly girl. Maybe. For whatever reason, I was blessed with the best daughter a mother could have. Savannah is the light of my life. She is gentle, sweet, chock full of integrity, modest, unfailingly obedient, smart, hilarious, entertaining, loyal, honest (this is starting to sound like the scout law) but seriously, I could go on for days about her good qualities. The best part is that it is all wrapped up in a beautiful shell that could kick any boy's tail in the athletic department! She is the whole package: a beautiful athlete who has a brain, can make me laugh and who would be translated tomorrow if her mother didn't need her so much. I tell her all the time that she is my most favoritest girl in the whole wide world. Her scripture hero is Queen Esther because of her bravery, righteousness and faith. I can't imagine not having her in my life and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for ignoring my wishes and giving her to me anyway. I love you Savannah Moore! (finally, pink)

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much mom! Thank you for being such a great mother. I couldn't have asked for a better mom. I love you to pieces. "I love her, I love her. Compared to me you hate her, you hate her, you hate her." :)

    ReplyDelete