Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Silent Soldier


My 5th son is Jensen Miles Moore and he has my favorite name out of all my sons. Jensen is the start of my "second" family as he is 4 years behind the "Fab 4". Just when I was ready to enjoy holding and taking care of a baby (pretty much for the first time) I got Speed Racer. Jensen was born an adult and never really wanted to have anything to do with baby stuff like just laying around and enjoying being held. He crawled the earliest, walked the earliest and I guess I must have blinked because I don't remember anything about Jensen's infancy. He wanted to be on a team, any team, by the time he was 1. He wore all of his brothers' hand-me-down uniforms and wore me out with his incessant chant of "Pitch to me, Mom, pitch to me!". I must have thrown a million pitches to that child before he finally got to join his own baseball team. He is by far my most sober and serious child. He is never really silly even though he can be very funny. He idolizes his older brothers and has always wanted to be part of the "Fab 4". I think the happiest he's ever been was this last year when he got to go to college with the gang and form "The Terror Squad". This is a nickname given to my four very large, black Raider gear clad, sons. Whenever they would come onto the scene at BYU they were a very imposing sight so their friends dubbed them "The Terror Squad". For those of you who know my boys you know this is the funniest nickname ever. There is nothing scary about these very mellow guys. Jensen is a sensitive, very obedient sponge who is just dying to soak up every good thing he sees his dad or brothers do. He is always checking with me to make sure he is not ever inadvertantly straying from the straight and narrow. He is on his mission now and I couldn't be prouder of him. His scripture hero is Mormon because of his focus and soberness from a very young age and his diligence in being obedient at all times. I love you Jensen Miles Moore!

No comments:

Post a Comment