Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Firstborn





The leader of our motley bunch and the first person to make me a mother, which is my most favorite thing in the whole world to be, is Brandon Miles Moore. You will notice as these spotlights progress that all of the boys have "Miles" as their middle name. This is my maiden name and it is a tradition in my family to give the boys their mother's maiden name as a middle name. It's not my fault that I had six boys in a row. Brandon was the best baby ever born to a woman. He was sweet, quiet, good tempered and adorable. He slept through the night at 4 weeks. Didn't even cry when he was cutting teeth and sat for hours just quietly watching me putter around the house. He is why we have so many children. As an adult he is one of my best friends. He and I have the most in common of all my sons. He loves to read and learn and is very self-motivated, organized and responsible. He doesn't enjoy participating in sports but likes to watch his brothers and sister play them. He is my quinea pig. He had to do everything first (except get married and have a child :) ) He came through my mistakes with flying colors and has been a joy to raise. I love being around him. He is hysterically funny and has a very quick wit that is extremely entertaining. He is 27 and still living at home while he finishes school and I don't mind one bit. The scripture hero we gave him as a child was Nephi. Nephi was the first in nearly everything except birth order. First to obey the Lord, first to lead a nation, first to be valiant. This is how I see Brandon. I love you Brandon Miles Moore!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Brandon is a very funny guy! And he's my favorite because he's the only one of your sons I can relate too (duh). Once we ran into each other at BYU my freshman year and talked for a couple hours about random stuff. Great guy!

    ReplyDelete