Monday, January 21, 2013

Another Blessing

I got another calling!  (my fourth but who's counting?)  I am the co-camp director for stake girls' camp!  18 years ago I got this calling and nearly had a heart attack.  I was the mother of 6 boys who hated camping and teenage girls.  Great calling for me, huh?  Actually, it was.  As soon as I got the calling I got pregnant with my one and only girl and after entertaining 200 girls for 4 days I decided I didn't hate teenage girls after all.  I still, however, despise camping.  Also, I realized that if the Lord thought I could handle that calling then it didn't matter what I thought.  Now, 18 years later, I am not afraid at all but actually excited to do it again, especially since my sweet baby girl will be with me:).  It will also help to fill up my days for the next 4 or 5 months.  We are going to Catalina for 4 days and it should be really fun.  The best part is, I won't have morning sickness this time around:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I can't imagine camping while pregnant and throwing up!

    Speaking of stake girls' camp, I remember you coming to one of them and teaching a song. I can't remember all the words and it's driving me crazy. But I remember the chorus, "Stand up, walk away, change the channel, refuse to stay, close the cover or throw it away. Have the courage to lead the way!" Do you remember how the rest goes?

    ReplyDelete