Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ten Years

Today marks ten years since my father moved on to Heaven.  I can't believe it's been that long.  He died of prostrate cancer.  He was a very cool guy.  He was my high school principal and he was the best one I've ever seen.  Everybody liked him, even the delinquents.  He was always fair and respectful and kind.  I am the oldest in my family and even though I know he wanted me to be a boy, I think I proved to him, early on, that I could do anything a boy could do.  He had me help him build fences and hold baby lambs while he cut off their tails and take care of all of our animals.  He was a great dad and I know he's doing wonderful things beyond the veil.  I'm sure he's just as popular there as he was here.  I love you , Dad.  See you soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment