Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Next Generation

I couldn't leave on such a sad note so I decided to share a very fun thing that happened tonight.  I taught Landon how to play "Red Light, Green Light".  Me, Kyle, Van and Leg played with him (Pat was at a meeting, Brandon was being Brandon and Logan and Michelle were missing in action somewhere in the house).  Oh, by the way, Leg is Aleigh and she got that nickname because she said the weirdest pronunciation she has ever heard of her name was Uh-leg-uh-ha so I call her "Leg".  Anyway, Kyle started it and me, Van, Bubs and Leg went down to the end of the hall and had Kyle turn around and say "Green Light".  Then I would drag Bubs with me and slide to a halt when Kyle turned around and said "Red Light".  Bubs would laugh his head off and I've never heard a sweeter sound.  He had a big belly laugh that was pure joy.  We played this over and over again and were breathless from laughing.  He loved it!!.  We used to play this game all the time with our crew.  They would elbow each other out of the way, hold each other's shirts to keep them back, slide on the ground to get further ahead and all kinds of other creative, competitive things.  It was so fun to pass it on to the next generation.  I have a few more that I will teach Lando in the coming weeks.  It's so fun to have him start getting old enough to pass things on to.  The next generation is my lifeline.  They will keep me young.

No comments:

Post a Comment