Friday, January 25, 2013

Traumatized

I took dinner over to my son and his wife after they brought their new baby home and my sweet Bubba was very intent on dragging me all over the house to see random things and to generally keep me away from the little blob who is taking over his mommy.  When he went into the kitchen to have his daddy make him some food I thought it would be O.K. to hold baby Chloe for a minute.  When he saw me pick her up he yelled "Noooo!"  and burst into tears.  I don't know who was more upset, him or me.  I felt like I had betrayed him and broken his heart.  We have a very special bond and he is one of my most favorite people in the whole world.  To see him react like that just crushed me.  I wanted to give Chloe back and wait until he had had a little more time to adjust to her presence in our lives but everyone insisted that I just keep her since he would have to get used to her anyway.  I still think it was a little too soon but he eventually calmed down.  He wouldn't come into the room while I was holding her but as soon as I gave her up he ran in and sat on my lap.  I love him so much and I want him to know that he will always be my special Bubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment