Thursday, January 31, 2013

Schedule? What Schedule?

Throughout my whole entire married life I have been pretty rigid in my daily and weekly schedules.  They kept me on top of things and helped me feel in control and sane.  I did laundry on certain days, vacummed on certain days, bought groceries and ironed and did any number of things on certain days.  One of the small perks of having nearly an empty nest is that I don't really have a schedule for anything anymore.  Doing laundry for only two means that I can go a lot longer between loads.  Nobody messes up the floor anymore so vacumming is whenever I feel like it.  Grocery store trips are much more spaced out and involve a great deal less volume.  Dinner is even kind of a hit and miss affair now.  With only two or three of us around to eat at any given time we many times just eat what we want, when we want it.  This is so not me!  And yet, it is, now.  I actually like it.  If I feel like showering at 3:00 in the afternoon, no one cares, including me.  So here's to one of the very few pluses of growing older and moving on.  I'll take them where I can get them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment