Monday, January 14, 2013

Remember When?

Aleigh found a great idea (probably on pinterest) and our family is going to do it but I thought someone else might like to do it too so I'm telling you all about it.  We have a little treasure chest (or we will as soon as I find one) where we are going to put little pieces of paper that have memorable things that we said or did in 2013.  So far I am the only one writing but they are contributing the memories.  Then, on New Year's Eve we will pull out the chest and read the papers and elaborate on  them so we can remember 2013.  This works especially well for Hunter, who will hopefully be home by New Year's Eve, as he can then relive our year with us and hear the highs and lows of the time he was gone.  I am going to be reviewing on a daily basis as I write in my journal and the rest of the gang will contribute every Family Night so that we don't let longer than a week go by before we see if there is anything worth adding to the box.  We did our first weekly review last night and had a blast just remembering and laughing about something that only happened a week ago.  I can't imagine the laughs and tears that will take place as we relive a whole year!  Just as an aside, I really think Aleigh Joy was very aptly named as she brings a great deal of joy into my life.  I spent the first 3 or 4 years that she liked Hunter trying desperately to keep her out of his life for two reasons, he needed to get on a mission and she wasn't a member of our church.  Now that both of those things have been taken care of  I find that I can't imagine life without her.  She is so easy to love!  And she has great ideas so "Thanks, Leg, for the 'Remember When' idea.  I'm sure it will be a big hit come the end of the year". 

1 comment:

  1. Awww this made me so happy! I love you too! I couldn't pick anyone better to be almost exactly the same as haha. So excited to "Remember" all the fun memories of this year :)

    ReplyDelete