Monday, January 7, 2013

My Girl

Everyone is gone (:(), my house is clean (:)) and now I have time to write about my sweet girl.  I know I have blogged about my one and only daughter, aka, my favorite girl in the whole wide world many times over the years but she turned 17 on Friday and I just have to gush about her again.  For those of you who don't know my story, I had six boys and was perfectly happy being a "boy" mom but my husband really wanted a girl so he talked me into having one more child even though I have NEVER wanted a girl. Luckily, that one more child turned out to be a girl and, oh my gosh!, what a blessing and gift she has been for 17 years.  (That sounds so old to me, much older than 16 :() I am proud to say that she and I have never had a fight.  She just doesn't have it in her.  She is the sweetest, most obedient, kindest child a parent could ever ask for.  She got every good quality that her dad or I possess and none of the bad.  She is always happy and grateful and humble and super duper obedient.  I hope she always loves me the way she does now.  We are best friends and love to be together.  I can't fathom life without her when she goes away to college.  Luckily, she is not a boy and will talk to me on the phone and even when she gets her own boy she will still be my girl.  I love her more than I ever dreamed possible and I am so glad that I didn't settle for being "just" a boy mom.  Happy Birthday my Vannie girl.  I love you Moore than anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment