Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh, We're Halfway There...!!!!

Today marks one full year that my sweet son has been out on his mission.  It seems like yesterday that he left and at the same time it seems like I haven't seen him in an eternity.  I can't believe the things he has learned on his mission and the growth that has taken place in his life.  He is serving as a zone leader in Columbus, Ohio and, according to his emails, is having the time of his life!  He has always attracted people to him because he is pretty cute and quiet and sweet and cute and humble and tall and athletic and, did I mention, cute?  That has really helped him on this mission to football obsessed Ohio.  He is a football player and he looks like a football player so total strangers want to talk to him all the time about, you guessed it, football.  He then gets to explain why he is not currently playing football and that opens up all kinds of discussions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  He has learned so much about patience, charity, service, humility and how to talk to people who don't have a microphone in his face after a game or who aren't screaming at him on the sidelines of a football field or basketball court.  His communication skills have blossomed ten-fold and he is now not only very cute but very mature and spiritual.  I love missions and what they have done for my husband and sons.  I'm so thrilled that Hunter is halfway done and can't wait to hug him again.  I love that boy so much.  He is truly my "Mama's Boy" and always has been.  The countdown is now on for the backside of the mission!!!

1 comment: