Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm Thankful for: Joan

For those of you who know my family this will probably be a name you don't recognize.  This is the angel mother that gave birth to the greatest man I know and the love of my life.  This is not the woman who raised him, though.  I need to thank her for that because even though she is a wonderful woman who I would have loved having in my life and who, I'm sure could have taught my husband many great things, she gave him to a family who eventually joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  If that wouldn't have happened then Forever Moore would not exist today.  I know that was a great sacrifice for her but I need to thank her for having the courage to do it and my Heavenly Father for helping her to make that decision.  Joan is everything I could ask for in a mother-in-law.  Pat's adoptive mother and I were very different and very rarely saw eye to eye but Joan is a different story altogether.  She is so much like Pat and I know he is very proud of her and we are so glad she is in our lives now.  She is extremely kind and very bright.  She is unusually active for her age and loves trying new things all the time.  She is very easy to talk to and we have a lot in common.  She is really close to her children and I know they love her very much.  We live pretty far away from her and it is her birthday today so I just want to let her know how thankful I am for her and her decision and how glad I am that we found her and that she will always be Pat's mother.  Happy Birthday, Joan, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment