Saturday, November 22, 2014

I'm Thankful for: Savannah

It's very fitting that I would get to finish up my thankful journey with the girl that changed my life, forever.  I have never been a "girl" person.  I had one friend at a time growing up and abandoned them altogether in high school when they made very different choices from mine.  I couldn't relate to the emotional roller coaster and the dramatics and the pettiness of girls.  It was all too scary so I just hung out with my family or boys.  When I started having children I was very happy to just keep having boys.  I never wanted a girl.  I was too scared that it would be an emotional nightmare and that I would say or do something to scar her for life.  Thankfully, God and my husband knew better.  Enter Savannah.  When she was a little girl she had some tendencies that made me nervous.  She was very headstrong and I didn't feel super close to her.  I was afraid that she wouldn't listen to the things I needed to teach her so she could go back and live with Heavenly Father and me someday.  After she got baptized she just kind of changed into the "real" Savannah.  Her temperament calmed down and she became the most teachable, obedient, sweetest child in the world.  Ever since then we have become like one person.  All she wants is to do the right thing, always.  I can't say enough good things about her because, in my eyes, she's perfect.  I've never loved a girl as much as I love her.  Having her in my life has helped me understand why my DIL's are so close to their moms.  That mother/daughter bond is priceless and unbreakable.  Vannie is not any of the things I was scared of and so much more than I ever dreamed a daughter could be.  I love her so unconditionally and completely that it's scary.  She is the angel on the top of my "thankful" tree and I love her with everything in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment