Friday, November 14, 2014

I'm Thankful for: Talents

I'm veering off from the people tribute for a minute to give thanks for honest to goodness, God-given talents.  Recently I have had the opportunity to choreograph a dance and teach it and also to sing in a small group.  It made me aware, again, of how thankful I am that Heavenly Father gave me the gift of hearing harmonies and of putting together reasonably cute dance moves into one great whole.  Singing and dancing are things I know I take for granted.  I have always been able to hear and sing harmonies and I didn't realize until a pretty advanced age that not all people can do this.  And that you can't teach them to!  You can teach them a part and help them memorize it but you can't make them hear it in music and be able to just sing it when they want.  I take no credit whatsoever for this talent as I didn't do anything to get it or even enhance it (except for use it a lot).  I love harmony and I take great joy in being able to harmonize with, well, anything.  Also, I love to dance and create dances.  I realized at a much younger age (church dances) that not all people have natural talent at dancing.  They don't feel or hear a beat and can't seem to make their body do what they want it to.  Again, you can't teach that.  It's God-given.  Not only do I hear and feel it, I can get great joy by conjuring up routines in my mind and then teaching them to others to perform.  I love doing this.  Again, I didn't do anything to get this talent.  It was just given to me by a loving Heavenly Father and I want to thank Him for it.  There are plenty of things I can't do but I'm really thankful for the things I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment