Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So... this happened.



It's taken me a few days to write about this because I needed to come down out of the clouds and write coherently but since that isn't happening any time soon I'm just going to say it - MY SON PLAYED QUARTERBACK FOR THE BYU COUGARS IN A REAL GAME IN LAVELL EDWARDS STADIUM!!!!!!!  I still can't believe it.  It was only a few plays and they wouldn't let him throw because we were so far ahead but it still happened.  I have dreamed of this happening ever since I stepped foot on that campus as a student almost 40 years ago.  I imagined one of my children playing on that field and everyone hearing his name over the loudspeaker and seeing his picture on the big screen and it all finally happened last Saturday afternoon.  I tried to film him playing but I was crying and shaking so hard that we get carsick watching the film.  To say I'm proud of him is the understatement of the century.  He fulfilled his and his parents' dream of many years and I am absolutely overwhelmed with emotion about it.  The Deuce is still loose and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment